Alesis is claiming great things for its new Strike MultiPad, saying it ‘far surpasses the performance and creative potential of any previous electronic drum pad’.
The new MultiPad boasts nine customisable RGB pads, 4.3” full-colour display, built-in sampler/looper, 32GB storage, five built-in effects processors and over 8,000 sounds.
Alesis says it has designed the Strike MultiPad around the drummer’s requirement to be able to sample, edit, loop and perform in a seamless manner. To that end, the MultiPad offers 8000+ built-in sounds, 32GB of storage and the ability to record samples from any source (smartphone, mic, off the Internet, via USB, from virtually any other audio device). The nine velocity-sensitive pads have customisable RGB lights and are easily configured for maximum playing convenience. The presence of these customisable RGB lights under each pad also means they are particularly easy to use on dark stages.
- 9 Velocity-Sensitive pads with customisable RGB lights
- 32GB of internal storage with over 6GB of included samples and loops
- 4.3” colour display
- Built-in Sampler
- Built-in Loop Recorder
- 2 channel USB audio interface
- Connect a USB drive to quickly load WAV files
- Five onboard effects processors (3 kit FX, 1 master FX, 1 comp/EQ)
- Separate Main, Aux and Headphone outputs
- Three trigger inputs and two dual foot-switch inputs for system expansion
- “A-LINK” – Two fully-assignable infinite rotary encoders
No UK price has yet been announced but as a guide, in the USA the units will sell for $699.