Here’s our review of a set of a pair of Gretsch Grand Prix Snare Drums, featuring…
- 1.2mm, seamless rolled aluminium shells,
- 14″ x 5″ & 14″ x 6.5″ models available,
- 45-degree bearing edges top and bottom,
- 3mm double flanged steel hoops,
- Gretsch Lightning snare throw off mechanism,
- 20-strand snare wires,
- Remo Controlled Sound batter head over un-branded clear resonant,
- Cigar-shaped lugs.
Gretsch says…“Designed to perform equally well on stage or in the studio, Gretsch Grand Prix snare drums are built around a stout 1.2mm aluminum alloy shell with a precise 45º bearing edge. Sonically, it possesses the bite of a metal drum, but with a more controlled fundamental note. Fitted with 302 hoops and Remo Drumheads, this drum is a winning formula.”
Find out our thoughts in the video above!!!
RRP: 14″ x 5″ – £414.00, 14″ x 6.5″ – £428.00
For more completely impartial, HD video reviews, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/drummersreview and click on the bell icon to be notified as soon as each new video is released. You can also follow us on our social media channels:
All of Drummer’s Review videos are recorded in a top quality studio with the finest equipment. To get the best from our reviews and really hear the instruments perform be sure to listen on good quality speakers or headphones!