Here’s our WORLD EXCLUSIVE review of a Mapex Design Lab Black Panther Versatus System shell pack, consisting of…
- 22″ x 16″ bass drum,
- 10″ x 7″ rack tom,
- 12″ x 7.5″ rack tom,
- 14″ x 13″ floor tom,
- 16″ x 15″ floor tom,
- 18″ x 12″ auxiliary drum.
- Mixed maple/mahogany shells, with varying thicknesses for each individual drum,
- SAS rings featured on certain shells,
- MAATS magnetic tom mount system,
- SAS attenuating floor tom legs,
- Master-Tune lugs,
- Air flow vents,
- Black nickel shell hardware throughout,
- Remo heads fitted throughout.
Mapex says…“The Versatus System is a Design Lab drum series focused on classic tone, versatile usability and advanced design. With all the advancements of the Design Lab, this range is perfect for modern drummers seeking the most cutting-edge tech and versatile sounds.
The Versatus series includes hybrid maple and mahogany shells with chamber specific designs. The drum plies get progressively thicker around the kit with depths graduating by 1/2″, along with adjustments to the bearing edges and SAS ring system. These independent designs result in a finely tuned kit, optimised across the range.”
Find out our thoughts in the video above!!
DR Reviews are recorded in a top quality studio with the finest equipment. To get the best from our reviews and really hear the instruments perform make sure you listen on good quality speakers or headphones!